beavers by the river

beavers  by the river
giggling goofballs

Thursday, February 26, 2009

How to clipboards

So this is my first how to craft project that I have posted. In order to find some order (LOL) I made for my children magnetized, personalized clipboards. So they could keep track of their to do work and their upcoming projects, permission slips etc. I picked up these simple clipboards at Wal-Mart for .97 and some craft paper at Michaels. I tried to figure out what each child would like the best. This one is for my eldest.

Here is the modge podge I use. I know very exciting. I traced the paper around the clip board and cut it out.

I had to use some of the extra to fill in at the top because the dimensions aren't an exact match. After I cut the paper and modge podged the paper on to the clip board, I smoothed out the air bubbles. When it is wet there will still be some bubbles but as it dries they disappear.

Here is another clipboard with the finished project. Ryan likes pirates so I thought it was cool.



And here they all are on the fridge. Ashley's was actually in the dollar section of Target but it was my inspiration for the others. I used 5 button magnets on the back glued with tacky glue. Probably over kill because I hate magnets falling on the ground and dropping the papers they hold.



Anyways thanks for the rough demo. With time I hope to do a better job. Kudos out to all those who do this regularly. I find it is hard to remember to take the photos as I go. I love a finished project and rarely slow it down for that. Love ya ......Jen


3 comments:

Joni said...

You are so smart and crafty :)

The Beaverette said...

I knew I could count on you sweetheart.

Kim said...

I think they are very cool as well!