beavers by the river

beavers  by the river
giggling goofballs

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kidder Creek part II

So the fun continues.. We wake up, grab a cup of coffee or coca and go to the pasture to wrangle in your horse. All by 7:oo a.m. There is something wonderful about rising in crisp air, pulling on jeans and boots and throwing on a sweatshirt to go bring in your horse for the day. It was so simplistic. I do admit I loved that breakfast would be waiting for us when we were done. I think I will be a ranch hand, no responsibilities, just working with horses.


Here Ashley has tacked her horse and is leading down to the arena for some fun equestrian challenges.



Black Beauty was definitely a fan of walking or the fast trot. Loping was not her thing. Ashley worked her tail of to get here to move. Plus she is a pack horse and does not like to do things on her own.


Here we are having a mid-morning tea break. Probably something ranch hands don't realistically do after just a few hours of riding. Pioneer Woman could probably confirm my suspicions on that. Actually I did raise horses for about ten years and nope we did not ever break for tea. They made homemade scones and fruit flavored tea for us, it was excellent. Kendra and Ashley enjoyed it immensely!




Apparently Ashley and I matched on every day there. Though we did not mean to it was funny. A mom thought we did it on purpose. Yeah, no that would take a lot of planning on my part.. Planning is something I am working on. Yeah as in I plan to get to that. So our beautiful Saturday is off to a great start.............. to be continued.




No comments: