beavers by the river

beavers  by the river
giggling goofballs

Friday, May 8, 2009

So my son was late to school

Yes my son Ryan was late to school. Usually that is not worthy of a blog post but today it is. Mornings at the Beaver's are a little crazy. Kaleb, my 12yr old, is usually the first one up, with my husband gone by then. K gets up between 5:30 and 6. Momma not so much. I am like a star, I shine at night and am out by morning. I usually pop up around 7ish. Well this morning in the hurry and flurry, kids getting bagels, grabbing backpacks, me doing chores etc, it went a little awry. Kaleb popped his head into the room I was in and said "Bye mom, we are leaving now, I love you!" to which I replied "All right, I love you too, have a great day!" and off the kids left for school. They walk the 3 minutes it takes and K likes being early...probably why they like walking.. Mom is not early and definitely not in the morning. Alex goes later, around 8:10 and he is driven to his school. Well my mom popped in and asked if she could take A and I said sure. As they were leaving I see Ryan's backpack and groaned " Agghh. Ryan left his backpack can you drop it off at the school ".. Ryan tends to forget.... a lot. So off they go. The house is quiet, I am doodling around, when I hear footsteps. Now let me tell you footsteps in your house when you are all alone is not okay! With alarm I turned, frozen. Not run, Jen , run! No stay and see who it is, classic bad movie no no! And down the hall trod.........Ryan! Apparently I did not notice he was not up in the flurry of the morning. If you have seen my kids you would know how one can be confused from another... especially in my pre-coffee haze. After my mild heart attack, I called the school and told them the story and explained that if they called his room for him to come get his backpack, he would not be there. So we hustled Ryan together and dropped him off late. Sandy, in the office, said " That is the first time I have heard that one!" Me too! Anyways now to start my day, I will do headcounts. Hopefully I will come up with four!

1 comment:

Joni said...

Hilarious! I've heard many stories about how parents forgot one of their kids at an event or something, but this is the first I've heard of a parent forgetting to send their kid off to school :) It's a good thing that he's a good kid and won't get any ideas from this like I would. You brilliant star, you :)